Upcoming Events: June-September 2016

Desperately trying to catch up with my blog...
Here are some recent and upcoming events of mine for this summer.

GLOW-BOT ALLES KÖNNER KISTE
I am very happy to announce that the e-textile DIY robot kit I've developed in collaboration with KOSMOS Verlag is finally out! Great for an introduction into soft circuits and wearables and a handy present for DIY enthusiasts. The kit contains enough materials to make two glow-bot badges. You can get it on Amazon, Thalia or in physical shops like Müller, Idee, Deutsches Museum shop, etc.

 E-TEXTILE PICNIC
In May I was very lucky to meet some of my e-textile heroes at an international picnic in a very hipster park of San Francisco. Four of them contributed to a book I am currently writing for Franzis Verlag.


SMART TEXTILES | MBF ST. GALLEN
Right after my return I jumped on a train to St. Gallen, Switzerland, to hold a workshop at the Mobile Business Forum, hosted by the University of St. Gallen. This workshop was developed using embroidered LED-lace, a product of St. Gallen-based e-textile company Forster Rohner. Above is a short video impression kindly filmed by Andrea Back.



UPCOMING:

JULY 16-17:
GÄRTNERPLATZ OPEN AIR

Right now the students of the LMU are working hard under my supervision to prepare and conduct a series of e-textile workshops at the Open Air Music Festival at Gärtnerplatz on 16th and 17th of July. Save the date and come by for a free concert of Gärtnertheater, cheerful atmosphere and some hands-on activities with LEDs. (Graphic above by Bina Witte-Jekel, online-offline design)


JULY 22-30:
eTEXTILE SUMMER CAMP

I will be attending the eTextile summer camp in
Poncé sur le Loir, France for the first time. Looking forward to meeting inspiring colleagues!
SEP 9-10:
SOFT SYNTH WORKSHOP at the V&A

Me & my wonderful friend and an e-textile PhD student Emilie Giles will be giving a two-day workshop at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London. We will introduce participants into basic Lilypad programming and design a wearable synthesizer.

SEP 14-24:
SCHMIEDE

I will be taking part in Schmiede residency programme - a collaboration with numerous artists which will result in an exhibition open to the public in Hollein, Austria.


 

Comments

Popular Posts